Warning: Potential SPOILERS for DC’s Legion of Bloom #1DC Comics promises spring is just around the corner with the newly-announced themed one-shot, DC’s Legion of Bloom #1. The themed issue will feature a number of the publisher’s plant-themed characters as well as some surprise stars.
The details for this spring-themed one-shot are included in the solicitation information for DC’s March 2023 offerings. The issue summary promises that the collection of stories will include DC’s “greenest and greatest” characters, including Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy, Captain Carrot, and even the nefarious Floronic Man. “Oh, and Wonder Woman will be there, too!” The full solicit and covers are included below, including a stunning cover, by Vasco Georgiev, featuring Wonder Woman holding a bouquet of flowers—with some surprise guests hidden among the blooms.
DC’S LEGION OF BLOOM #1
- Written by ASHLEY ALLEN, JULIO ANTA, CALVIN KASULKE, TRAVIS MOORE, KENNY PORTER, CAVAN SCOTT, and ZAC THOMPSON
- Art by ISAAC GOODHART, BRIAN LEVEL, TRAVIS MOORE, JACOBY SALCEDO, HAYDEN SHERMAN, ATAGUN ILHAN, and more!
- Cover by JUAN GEDEON
- Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
- Variant cover by MIKE PERKINS
- 1:25 Variant cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
- $9.99 US | 80 pages | One-shot | Prestige
- ON SALE 3/21/23
- How do you announce winter is coming to an end? You spring it on them! Welcome the springtime with a celebration of DC’s greenest and greatest. As the flowers bloom, breathe in that Swamp Thing smell. Watch the Blue Beetles fly out from Titans West. Pick a Captain Carrot or two from Floronic Man’s garden, but make sure to avoid the Poison Ivy. The season may go by in a Flash, but don’t worry—stories like these last forever. Oh, and Wonder Woman will be there, too!
DC’s Legion of Bloom Is DC’s Latest “Holiday” One-Shot
This new one-shot comes in the midst of DC launching its newest initiative: “Dawn of DC,” which begins with the conclusion of the Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths event. 2023 promises to bring a bright, expansive kind of storytelling to DC Comics, beginning with a new era for the Superman line of comics and leading into the launch of multiple new series, including Unstoppable Doom Patrol, Green Arrow, and two new Green Lantern series, among others.
DC’s spotlight is widening to include more heroes from its massive and multiversal universe, and the Legion of Bloom one-shot is part of that effort. The publisher’s holiday-themed one-shots from the past few years—including back-to-school, Halloween, and the celebratory Pride one-shots—have been a fun way to feature more of DC’s lesser-known characters in smaller, but no less impactful, stories. This new spring-themed issue is an imaginative way to keep the one-shots fresh beyond the usual yearly holidays.
DC Comics fans will be excited to see more of their more obscure favorites—like Captain Carrot—as well as heavy-hitters, like Wonder Woman herself. Winter is about to start winding down, and apparently even DC knows that spring can’t come fast enough—at least so readers can get their hands on DC’s Legion of Bloom.
Check out DC’s Legion of Bloom #1, available March 2023 from DC Comics!